View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Van Nessing

I played Van Nessing with a Werewolf Lord in Chaos in the Catacombs- this is their niche.

Hero play is prevalent, so the Werewolf Lord gets to lycanthropize his fair share. And between Moon Frenzy and Divine Mission you'll be getting more activations in than most opposing heroes.

They counter Cyprien. Cyprien is the defining figure of Chaos in the Catacombs. He'll be in most games. Gladiatrons will most likely be around to tie him down, and Van Nessing/Werewolf Lord can finish the job.

Moon Frenzying an opponent's figure and dropping their treasure is a one-turn victory. I bit my opponent's Nicholas Esenwein, and the following turn I dropped all 3 treasure he had and then overextended him into engagement with a neutral monster.

The next time you try Chaos in the Catacombs, try the Van Nessing Werewolf Lord tag team. The scenario really lets the pair come alive.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.