View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Yeah this episode definitely felt like a test, we really weren't organized and I think we were all stoked to finally get it off the ground that we just went with it. The second half definitely goes down the road of tangents and just has a hanging out feel, Nathan and Matthew left and it was basically us just chilling and talking anything heroscape. And I can talk about anything-heroscape for hours so it was fine by me haha, but for the listeners I imagine they want more of a structure.

Next episode we'll be more structured and prepared. I mean in this episode I asked midway through if we had started recording lol.

If you guys have any questions or topics you want us to answer or talk about, please post them here. It will be cool to respond directly to people. Kind of like a Q&A style thing.
I encourage you to make your next few episodes start with very basic concepts. Find something simple in the rules and build on that.

By starting with simple concepts and building from there, you will be making a podcast that is a little bit more accessible than one in which you are all just picking up threads you left hanging as you stood around the table (or played at) the finals in Indy. I'm definitely not saying "dumb it down." I'm saying, when you talk about adding structure to future episodes, structure them by beginning with some simple thing that is readily understandable. Spend some time on that and jump into the weeds from there.
Absolutely agree. I’m going to make a conscious effort to cover more basic information first. For example, our next episode will cover the double blind meta in general: what’s good and why it’s good. It doesn’t make sense to jump into more complex topics without establishing a baseline understanding of that.