View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Nice breakdown @TREX .

I have just ordered The Breeding Pits supplement, for just under $9 from Amazon. Added it to an order of a 4 pack of Testor's Dullcote. Should last me a while for sealing minis. I had bought 3 of them at Hobby Lobby a month or so ago, but aside from some minis, I used the heck out of them on the Warsenal terrain I had been working on and the downed AT-ST.

After I get the Breeding Pits in the mail, I'll have all the supplements except for Forgotten Pacts.

As far as the Spellcaster magazines, I have #1 and #4.

#1 is really neat, as it has a solo scenario for a single Captain type character. I had played it and I believe posted pictures here. As you mentioned, it also has some Knightly Orders, where a knight may be more specialized but also have a lesser stat to balance out the specialized boost. I actually did this for my knight in Rangers of Shadow Deep. A knight normally have a fight of +4. The order I have has his fight reduced to +3, but it's +5 vs undead.

In Spellcaster #4, it has Legendary Soldiers you can hire in your warband. The number of them you can have in your warband is limited by the level of your wizard. Level 0-9, 1 Legendary Soldier. Level 10-19, 2 Legendary Soldiers etc. The Legendary Soldiers are; Bookhound, Dire Hound, Elemental Archer, Grave Robber, Shadow Walker, Telekinetic and Whip Master. Each of them cost 300gc, except the Dire Hound is 200gc.

There is also a really cool list of critical rolls for the spells. So if you roll a natural 20 for casting a spell it's a critical success. If you roll a 1, then it's a critical failure. So each spell, Joe has the extra effects for both the critical success and a critical failure. Nice extra touch.

It also has a solo/co-op scenario for Ghost Archipelago, as well as some Ulterior Motives cards for Ghost Archipelago.

Finally, it has a scenario called Fury of the Frost Giants. It's meant for 4 or more players with wizards of at least level 10.

Yes, I like the updated rules in Maze of Malcor. The XP'S for Frostgrave and monsters are pretty basic. The XP rewards for Rangers of Shadow Deep is quite different as each creature has its own XP value. Also have a lot more XP rewards for different accomplishments. But it's also a narrative game where the scenarios connect for a story.

There's going to be a 2nd edition of the main rulebook next year.

I'm going to start painting my Super Mutant Hounds for Fallout Wasteland Warfare tomorrow morning. I have 4 of them and after they are done, I want to keep working on the Super Mutant faction for a while. I have a decent amount of Survivors painted (but have a lot more to do), so I want to be able to get some solo games played. Will eventually get to the Brotherhood of Steel faction. Will also have to get back to Legion troops too. I want to concentrate on getting minis painted before winter, then I can concentrate on playing more in the winter.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon