View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2019, 02:59 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sujoah

Just played a 500 point match on the map Winter Holdout with the following team:

Sujoah
Fyorlag Spiders (x3)
Mohican River Tribe (x2)
Brave Arrow

My Opponent's Army (my brother)
Knights of Weston (x2)
4th Mass (x2)
Sir Gilbert
Alastair MacDirk

One observation I made in the match was whenever I placed an Order marker onto my Fyorlag Spiders, the decision to move Sujoah was often a difficult one to make. Knowing that Sujoah doesn't not like being thrown into the middle of the battle, I didn't think that moving Sujoah's full 8 move was in my best interest however on the contrary if I didn't move I might miss on an opportunity to lock up Sir Gilbert or Alastair. I felt that Order Markers placed on the spiders were much more of a risk taken than usual when using figures that bond. Overall I did end up losing the game (Sujoah was able to lock up both his heroes and get wounds however couldn't get the poison sting D20 roll to work!!).

I'm curious if others have felt this way when using both Sujoah and some Fyorlags - I haven't ever used Sujoah outside of the spiders and I'm wondering on what other people think.

If one were to ever re-create my army as seen above minus the 3 Fyorlags, what Hero (or squad??) would people consider using with this army and I guess particularly with Sujoah? I plan on revisiting this thread soon as I really like the army.

Initial Thoughts:

Kaemon Awa - Great Mid-game hero with a pretty good range of 7 and special attack that can help clear squad figures or deal damage to a hero, however need to be careful of opponents opportunities to attack him since 4 life isn't incredible

Venoc Warlord - Move buff helps move the River Tribe move quickly, not much utility other than that

Agent Skahen - Cover Fire doesn't benefit the time, however she is a great range threat with Double Attack and Stealth Dodge makes her pretty tough to take down from Range, however she is pretty squishy defensively

Torin - Again, abilities don't really benefit the team however they can still make him a force on the battlefield being able to threaten squad range attacks and rolls 6 against small and medium figures which is nice, however I personally feel these are all qualities that the team already has and doesn't need more of if that makes any sense to anyone

Krug - A ticking time bomb that's very scary to deal with. Can deal with heros that like to be in the middle of the fight however he's a big target and prone to being targeted down quickly (I guess that can also be an upside since he would be taking attacks away from your other units)

Tandros Kreel - Not particularly strong, can help deal with squads and protects friendly units with Combat Challenge. Poor range offensive but is a very bulky hero

Syvarris - Incredible range with double attack, making him very threatening especially with Double Attack, however he's very squishy with 4 life, 2 Defense. His attack stat is also relatively mediocre but usable. Also only 100 points, could draft Marcu or Kynetla (or Isamu &/or Otonashi)

Moriko - Budget friendly (not that it really matters) and has special attack that can help attack squads, however not very reliable answer and isn't particularly bulky especially being a figure that engages other figures.

Raelin SOTM - Nice cheerleader with great aura range but that's about all that she gives to the team, not very bulky and not very strong despite having the ability to attack all adjacent figures