Thread: deleted
View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2017, 09:41 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexless/gridless Heroscape

I've read through each page of this thread, and (if you're still wanting input) I have a couple things to mention:

If you are keeping the horizontal distances for measure roughly the same between hex and non-hex versions of the game, would it make more sense (for consistency's sake) for moving up height to be 0.5" = 1 space of movement? Rather than 1" height = 1 space. 0.5" is closer in size to a height 1 ledge in hex'd HS. I don't have any standard-size figure on hand to measure their height in inches, but IIRC they are about 2" to 2.5" (roughly). Just something to consider that I thought might be worth bringing up.

The second thing loosely relates to the first. It was mentioned earlier in the thread (I forget by who - sorry) about another game system in which figures could climb up vertical obstacles, and if a figure could not climb the entire obstacle, a die was used to mark how high up the figure was. Personally I think this would be a neat feature, and either limit it to Heroes for the sake of simplicity or keep it open to any and all figures. If you were to include this mechanic, would figures be able to scale all vertical obstacles? Just rocks?

Overall I really enjoy the potential in this variant. The trick is to keep it simple and organic, just like classic HS. I've not had time to play tabletop games the past few years, but this looks like it could serve as a breath of fresh air for me in the near future. Kudos to your ideas!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work