View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
But whatever, I've already got the original four, but others I know might be irritated for having to pay starter set prices after they get the Master Set when all they want is the faction cards.
I'm almost in this boat, I missed the PE vs TO but nabbed the CG and GD. While I don't need the dice and bits, having another premium board is what justifies it for me. Using that flimsy paper mat in 2v2 is quite irritating.
I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't the original starter sets $24.99 retail? If I'm right, that breaks down to about $12.49 a pack, and that's retail price. A number of online retailers typically sell several dollars under the retail price. Seems like a minimal price difference if you're just buying it for the decks, but it also maintains a lower entry point for new players to grab everything they need for less than the $40-50 of a master set.