View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks Porkins

I guess it just seemed to me that it may have become a turnoff for some, and I didn't want that. At any rate, there is this forum for other miniatures, so ultimately, this seems like the right place to be able to go nuts about it.

With a few buildings/ruins etc. completed and other of the type on the way in the future, I figured it would be nice to come up with some scatter terrain to place around the board to add obstacles and flavor.

I got the idea from someone in the Frostgrave Facebook forum I frequent, so yesterday after work, I grabbed a few pieces of landscape wood mulch from the front garden area and prime them black. These are the cedar chips I believe, and not the stringy type of mulch. I haven't replenished the gardens with them for quite awhile, so the ones that are still there, are dried out and not kind of damp like when you first get them.

Did a sample one, where after spray priming it black yesterday, I drybrushed on some dark blue today, then drybrushed some grey, and then some white. Then I applied a wash with some Quick Shine floor finish and a little bit of brown paint, just to give it a little something extra. After that dried, I glued on some Woodland Scenics Blended Turf here and there to give it a mossy type vibe. Still have to varnish it and will hit it good with varnish, as I don't want it to chip or have parts break off, since it is a pretty dry piece.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon