View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Tig #2: The March Of Conquest

Here follows the team rosters for tomorrow's TIG 2. One player got a ten point easement for one Character Level (Taeblewalker). Other than that, they follow the scenario requirements. So it is written; so let it be played:

CHAS: TEAM THANOS II

Thanos 500 A C3G
Fire Demons (4 Figs) 250 B C3G
Lady Deathstrike 240 C C3G
Spiral 190 D Novaraptor
Lady Shiva 175 D C3G
Vanisher 90 D DrewmanChu
Bad Cops (2 Figs) (aka Bad Space Cops) 55 D C3G
TOTAL: 15,00 Points/11 Spaces

SHERMAN DAVIES TEAM (All Supers Sherman Davies cards)

Thor 360 A
Green Lantern 340 B
Quicksilver 235 C
Braxas 210 C Classic Heroscape
Scarlet Witch 195 D
Black Panther 160 D
TOTAL: 1,500 Points/7 Spaces

KOLAKOSKI TEAM (All C3G)

Graviton 400 A
Martian Manhunter 300 B
Baron Hemut Zemo 200 D
Punisher 180 D
Hawkeye II 160 D
Count Vertigo 160 D
Robin 100 D
TOTAL: 1,500 Points/8 Spaces

TAEBLEWALKER TEAM

Star-Lord 250 B C3G
Gamora 310 B C3G
Groot 275 C C3G
Rocket Racoon 175 D C3G
Drax 350 B C3G
Martinex 130 D DrewmanChu
TOTAL: 1,490 Points/6 Spaces

Comments On Team Thanos II

In the first days of Dungeons and Dragons (you might be able to find an old article I wrote in Campaign Magazine back then called "Introduction To Yourself: Dungeons and Dragons") it became apparent that the main goal of the Dungeon Master should be to make sure the players had fun, rather than beat them (in a so-called Killer Dungeon). In fact, I invented an Assistant Dungeon Master role whose job was to be one of the player party and help newbies figure out how to play by example rather than 'instruction.' ("I'll just try a burning torch on that slavering monster while I'm dying here--it might work!"). When I won a Con prize in those ancient days, it was the Most Helpful To The Dungeon Master award. So the GM has to be separate from the player persona.

Two of my three scenario terrain rules, Teleportation Disorientation and Molten Lava, were actually meant to cut down on the advantages of my team. Hey--I might as well have called it 'Team Teleport.' Hope you players appreciate the thought!

I expect the Fire Demons and Vanisher to be my Big Surprises, as I believe these cards to be unfamiliar to the others. DrewmanChu continues to provide great Silver Age characters from my old comic reading days that I just love like Vanisher. Novaraptor still has the only card I know for Spiral, for who I finally have an unused fairly new figure obtained only with difficulty by the pal who does my online buying.

I love that C3G came out with the Guardians of the Galaxy just days before this game (and a week after the film), which worked out. C3G's Indigo Lantern Indigo-1 (Iroque) is a master teleporter to rival Vanisher, but although I declared all of the new wave permitted, no one chose her, although Kolakoski, who's team was already set after many drafts of it had been approved, did point her out to the others.

Bad (Space) Cops are my comedy relief. But hey, you never know--last game my C3G Rat Swarms kept the mighty Ben Grimm busy for several turns!

Thanos himself will have all the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet and Gems, such as an extra turn, teleportation, and an additional resurrection for a total of three separate incarnations! Only one character was banned for Breaking the Scenario, which was Kolakoski's proposed Angstrom Levy. It was a brilliant choice, and in a mixed game almost anything goes. But I felt that removing Thanos from the board repeatedly when he's got a pretty severe time limit on him would be unfair to the big guy.

(Edit) You can now see the Army Cards for all of these teams on Kolakoski's new Blog, which has the same title as this scenario.

TAEBLEWALKER TEAM GAME 2

On this particular board, with so many restrictions on moving, the Guardians of The Galaxy had a tough time. So for our second game we switched in two fast movers/teleporters, removing Gamora and Martinex, and adding:

Indigo-1 (Iroque) 340 Points C3G (new Indigo Lantern)
(Proxy: Wonder Woman as Star Sapphire)
Kid Flash 110 C3G

Last edited by chas; August 30th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.