View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MechScape - mac122

Thanks for the feedback!

My intent for the Mech movement is that if they are going up a "gentle" slope, 1/1 ratio, 1 up for each one forward, that it would not cost the Mech any extra move points. Higher inclines would cost some extra, but not as much for smaller units. The equalizer is that they really can't climb. Elevation changes of 4 or more prevent a Mech (without special equipment like Jump Jets) from moving through a space. In the admittedly limited play, this has worked well. I will try to work on the wording when I get a chance.

Your point about facing direction is valid. I may need to figure out an adjustment that doesn't add too much complexity. For now, I'm going to use the Scape version of LOS.

I really wanted to add component damage. I loved playing the MechWarrior PC games where you had the display of your Mech silhouette showing the relative damage to each part. I had worked on a version that would do that. The problem I had then is that I would have to figure out all the different stats and make sure they were balanced. One of these days, I may revisit. I need to look for the card blank I had worked on.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031