View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM

goofyjay2 Woo who?
Re: Pit Trap Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Since several have emphasized the word "move" in both the pit trap and summon abilities, what about TBR teleport where it doesn't use the word move, but uses "place". In fact, his teleportation ability specifically says "instead of moving ... Place TBR on the chosen space"

I'm just pointing this out because if you base your argument on the fact that the glyph says you can't "move", so an ability that has "move" is stopped, then you couldn't use the same argument for an ability that uses something other than "move" but has the same effect.

Personally, I could see the ruling going either way. But I tend to lean towards the summoning working because if the intent was for it not to work, then the wording on the glyph would have been similar to cyberclaw which specifically states "...cannot be moved by any special power", but on the other hand it does state "The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space" -- so, is being moved (i.e., summoned) the same as moving under your own power?
The special power Engagement Strike regards moving and placing as synonymous, so it seems we have a precedent that indicates you would not be able to summon/carry off of the Glyph.

As I indicated before the Glyph currently trumps special powers in my games; however, I don't think it makes any of the figures mentioned broken if they can use their special powers to save someone (Drake and Tul-Bak-Ra would get the biggest benefit since they would not be hindered by the Glyph).

Anyway, looking forward to the final outcome.