View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Brandonn has disabled reputation
A thought on Multiple Player Team Games: I'm not sure if there is a better way to determine turn order randomly. D&D uses the same thing, and all the enemies can end up going first, major advantage for them, or all the players could go first, leaving the enemy without a chance. There is one way you could do it that would be fair, but you'd have to tell us if it's still fun: Each team rolls for Initiative, the winning team has one of their players go first, then the other team has one of their players go next. Everyone getting a turn for their #1 turn marker. Then the same team starts for the #2 turn markers, but the players of the team could go in a diffrent order. OR If you'd like it more random, everyone rolls a D20 results are:
Team 1: Player 1 (18), Player 2 (6), Player 3 (8)
Team 2: Player 1 (2), Player 2 (20), Player 3 (13)

T2P2 got 20 So T2 goes first starting with it's P2. Then it has to be T1's turn so T1P1 would go next because he got higher than his teammates. Turn order would be:
Team 2: Player 2 (20), Player 3 (13), Player 1 (2)
Team 1: Player 1 (18), Player 2 (6), Player 3 (8)
T2P2 -> T1P1 -> T2P3 -> T1P2 -> T2P1 -> T1P3
And repeat until the end of round, rerolling the D20s only for the start of each round.

-----

And now for the reason I came here in the first place:

Jotun has a cool move called "Throw 14"

Quote:
Throw 14
After moving and before attacking, choose one small or medium non-flying figure adjacent to Jotun. Roll the 20-sided die. if you roll a 14 or higher, you may throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Jotun. The figure must land within clear sight of Jotun. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 2 wounds. If the figure is thrown onto a level higher than the height of Jotun or onto water, do not roll for throwing damage. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
My question is this, what happens if Jotun throws a figure down a cliff of extreme height? Does this figure take just throw damage, just fall damage, or both? Some may say fall damage is already accounted for, but the damage from the throw is from the force of the giant smashing you to the ground. Jotun could grab a figure adjacent to him, "throw" him to another adjacent hex to him, and that figure still takes the damage. So I think throwing a figure down a 20+ height cliff would have either increased damage, or just fall damage. But it would make more sence to have increased damage, or damage from both sources, since falling down from a 20+ height, and being thrown down, are quite diffrent. I was wondering if Hasboro thought of this situation (I'm suprised if they didn't) and if they had an idea of how to handle it.

Brandonn