View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts: A 450pt Army Challeng

Love the concept - here are a few that seem fun to me. I particularly like the second one:

The Viking and the Kyrie

2xTEI
Kiova
Thorgrim

Could be fun to lead with Thorgrim. If he dies it improves Kiova’s survival rate. If he lives, he boosts TEI. All melee, but most of it flies. A chance for a skilled player to demonstrate careful OM management and unit placement.

Cry Havoc!

2xDeathstalker
DW8k
Runa

You’ve seen me argue before that the Robodogs deserve better than a C+ and DW8k probably does as well. This army is nearly invulnerable to Cyprien, Braxas and Grimnak. The Puppies can keep people away from DW8k, 8k annihilates low defense squads, and Runa is a clean-up unit that says the game is never over until it’s over – and she ain’t fat and she don’t sing. Let me sub Raelin for Runa and I’d take this to a tourney.

Monkey Business

5xGorillanators

In this config, they should be able to get height and absorb whatever damage they need to absorb in order to kill the special attackers in the opposing army. Once the special attackers are gone the speed, defense and range of the simians may very well be enough to win out. Though facing Nilfheim and Q9 I’d probably just resign.

~Aldin, who thinks most Deathstalker/Deathwalker combos are pretty dangerous

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham