View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's been suggested that the winner should get to run their design for 0 points instead of 4. It's been suggested that the poll become more of a character poll to influence Hero/Sidekick output, like the March Madness poll. The Heroes haven't come to a decision yet, so what do you, the public, want to see?
Hmmm... How would something like this work:
  • A similar voting system to the old/present one - I don't want to do away with it entirely, it promotes public engagement and is fun and exciting. Voting for my favourite design here is what originally got me to join these boards rather than lurking - I think trying to make the PDN vibrant again, the way it was when I joined, is the best way to promote engagement.
  • Allow Allies, Sidekicks and Heroes to have their designs nominated for the PDN - we don't have enough Allies right now for it to be Ally exclusive.
  • A return to listing the present vote-count - I get that it was cut to discourage tactical voting, but it made it seem more active and exciting. I always enjoyed following along with the vote, and it was one of the ways I really engaged with C3G when I was either just lurking or soon after I joined the site and before I was that active. I think promoting that kind of engagement is more valuable to us right now than discouraging tactical voting.
  • I like the idea of making voted through LDs free, especially since they can be bought so easily now - make it free so it's a proper reward.
  • Here's the big thing though - only let the designs of people who have submitted a test within the last month (or so) be nominated. This ensures, as best as possible, that the designer will be active to LD their design, possibly even better than the Reward Point Cost did (since we have a lot of absent Allies right now still sitting on a dormant points cache), and does so while retaining the reward element of a free LD. It also encourages people to remain testing in order to be eligible.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================