View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2019, 02:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Settling Line of Sight Rules for Double Spaced Figures

I meant to post my most recent post on this thread as opposed to on the Book of Major Q10 . We can continue conversation here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This came up again recently - I may be an a$$ for asking it, but can Q9/Q10 use a special attacks to shoot both in front of and behind them, where the figure's eyes cannot see the figure since a figure is behind him (so the head itself blocks LOS using the "get behind" terminology in the rulebook) and double-space figures cannot flip during attack phase (the best they can do is "shift" on the spaces it is on)? From the FAQ quote above by @R˙chean "With double-space figures, facing does matter" it seems the answer is no, but everyone seems to agree this is being too much of a stickler and against the spirit of the rules, even in tournaments.

If I am correct, using the head instead of the eyes as a target point is one of the most abused rules as no one seems to care (including myself most of the time). Nilfheim, Moltenclaw, and other dragons were even erratad to allow their horns as alternative target points in addition to head, specifically for this rule. Maybe we need an "errata" for Q9/Q10 that says you can use any part of the head as a target point, but until then I will start being a stickler, especially since I always play against Q9/Q10, rarely with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
I still stand by my last post, and now refuse to edit the word figured into figures. It has officially been grandfathered in.

Anyways, I thought a couple pictures could either help this conversation reach an end, or spiral out of control further; both of which would be good, right?

Given the following situation, where Q10 wants to face that way because there's a figure over there (apparently off the board) that he really wants to shoot. Now, which of these Rats can he shoot, if either.

The bottom one, as is somewhat clear in the picture, cannot be seen from Q10's head, so there is no way he can shoot it unless he turned around (which he cannot do during his attack phase).

The top one, as you can see in this next picture, can be seen from his head, though the space between his shoulder and his back-hump, and thus can be attacked?

Let the nitpicking begin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Page 5:
Attacks
If a single space figure is not facing another figure that he is attacking, does he have line of sight?
... With double-space figures, facing does matter, as certain areas of the body may block Line of Sight. Remember that you can flip your figure anytime during a double-space figures move, so keep Line of Sight in mind when you are moving.

Page 11:
Major Q9
“Raknar’s Vision”
Can Major Q9‟s shoulder pads block his own line of sight?
Yes. When checking to see if you have a clear line of sight with Q9, you may want to look behind the targeted figure’s Hit Zone to see if you can see Q9’s head, or the side of his face. He cannot fire directly behind himself. (Hasbro FAQ)
This Q9 FAQ is confusing because the first part of it "see if you can see Q9’s head, or the side of his face" seems to contradict with "He cannot fire directly behind himself" as the first statement seems to imply that you can fire behind yourself, but the Attack FAQ + the Errata for Dragons using their horns make it pretty clear that you cannot see through your own head. Anyway I would love a clarification as I feel like an A$$ telling someone playing Q9/Q10 you can't shoot in front of AND behind you on the same turn when EVERYONE plays otherwise even though IMHO that is the rule.