View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I think the rules are far more simple, intuitive and robust than other wargames (although I only have experience with Warhammer fantasy and 40k). Every time they want to make a new unit, they release a 20 dollar manual. With Heroscape, it's just printed on the card.

Being able to mix and match sets based simply on your whims and taste also set it apart, and make it a bit closer to a game like Magic, but we don't have the problem of sets going completely out of print that a card game like that does.

Well said!

I'm going on close to 20yrs now for WGing, (old.old.old. sigh.) and I find HS to be the most streamlined game I've ever set my grubby paws on. All of the goodies I love from it (cool terrain/figure customization, unique figures, flexibility) and none of the expense or mind numbing volumes of occasionally used information. The point about Magic is BingoJoy on, I just would love it when a set from a good system went out of print. Forever.

Plus it's the only game my wife will play with me besides Catan.