View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:44 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Arrow Gruts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
The same can be said for Arrow/Blade Gruts. Don’t take both squads in the same build, it dilutes it. If you want a common option to back up the Arrow Gruts, toss in more Arrow Gruts and Swog Riders. Heck, take 6 Swogs and end up with an Arrow Grut with 7 Attack and 7 Defense.

Learn what the common trait on army cards means. What it really means you can do, then come back to discuss unit power.

Well of course, that leads to a conversation of what army build to make, considering how many points you're given. But in regards to learning what the common trait means, then I have to tell you I do not own 6 swogs, or even 6 squads of Orc archers, and therefore cannot make the "awesome" army that you are proposing.

Even if I did have an abundant amount of Orc Archers and Swogs, I don't think that making them into some kind of horde and clogging up the board makes them any better. Why not spend the points on ranged squads with better stats, even if they may lack bonding opportunities?
Power rankings judge units on how they perform in armies at the 400-600 points range. It is assumed that as many commons as necessary are available. The problem come about when you don't have access to a sufficient number squads. When this is the case it can be difficult to see the full potential of certain units.

Krug
Raelin
Arrows x3
Swog x3

This army won the first ever Gencon Main Event (the largest and most prestigious tournament). While the meta has evolved Arrow Gruts remain a powerful unit.