View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Justice League Design *Brainstorming* (Class Synergy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I mean, you guys already had a really fresh take on the concept with the Glyph Bonus approach. You've already proven to me there are new horizons out there worth pursuing - I think that the "League Member" approach is a step backwards* from that.

*Noting that I specifically said you should be reeling it in some on the Team Card idea. Delicate balances at play.
Which is why my idea was to do the Glyph Bonus approach in a Class System. Behold (my very, very rough first take):

JUSTICE LEAGUE TACTICS
If you only have Unique Heroes in your Army, you may do each of the following once per game:
  • Add 1 to your initiative roll each round for each figure engaged with one or more Champions you control, or 2 for each Event Hero engaged with one or more Champions you control.
  • When a Warrior you control destroys an enemy figure, that Warrior may take one additional turn.
  • When a Vigilante you control attacks, your figures are not affected by this attack. After attacking, you may move any figures you control within 3 spaces of that Vigilante up to 3 spaces each.
  • Before a figure adjacent to an Officer you control would roll defense, you may add X dice to the roll, where X is that Officer’s Defense Number.
  • Before moving a Scientist or Champion you control, you may choose up to three small or medium figures you control adjacent to that Scientist or Champion. After moving that Scientist or Champion, place the chosen figures on any empty spaces adjacent to that Scientist or Champion.
  • When an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a Telepath you control or a Unique Hero you control that is within 4 clear sight spaces of that Telepath, you may reveal the “X” Marker on this Army Card and that opponent’s turn immediately ends.
  • Before rolling the 20-sided die for a special power on the Army Card of a Vigilante, King, Mystic, or Magician you control, add 4 to the roll.

It's quite possibly too much for one card, but it calls out specific JL classes without bothering to change their classes, and just focusing on sweeping status changes - once per game effects the way the glyph card does. If it IS too much for one card, the easy solution is to split it up among more than one.

Obviously the individual powers can be altered, etc., but I aimed for powers that would work best with the iconic Leaguers of that class, or just be general enough (initiative boost) that it didn't necessarily overly penalize or reward highly competitive figures (Thor).

No Archer or Protector on there as of now, but no saying they couldn't be added, especially if this split into two.

Anyway, it's still Class Synergy, but very different than the Markers and very different than what we've been discussing.

So what do folks think? Is there anything fruitful here?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.