View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Arrow mac122's customs: Chops Dessert Entry

Heroscape Customs by

AT-43, Star Wars, MechWarrior, Soulborgs, and a little bit more...
Chops Dessert Entry
Frost Dwarf - Tied for 4th Place

Bio: Across the mountains, through the ice and snow, a treasure awaited. And what dwarf can resist treasure? Especially treasure that might win freedom for their brethren. But, treasure is rarely left unguarded. Finding their way to the cave, the searching band was met by powerful magick, greedy magick. A magick that did not wish to share its hoard. Jandar plucked them away before they could be frozen for all eternity, but not before the magick had altered the dwarves forever...

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the War Drums set. Its model name and number are #48 Frost Dwarf.

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons promo figure. Its model name and number are #DDC35 Frost Dwarf.

Chops Entree Contest Winner!
Thanks for the votes! Pleocyemata won the second round of the Chops competition!

Bio: None knew how long Pleocyemata dwelled in the Valhallan swamps. The ancient crustacean was content to live out his days in peace, munching on the occasional fish or amphibian or even larger land creature that had the misfortune to become lost in the swamp. No malice. Just sustenance. Peace. The Marro changed all that. Their Hives upset the balance of the swamp. Armies muddied the already dark waters, while weapons manufacture poisoned them. If only their gangly bodies were good eating, perhaps he could have tolerated them. But, no. These spoilers must be destroyed. An Aquillan squad, surrounded by a Marro ambush, witnessed first-hand Pleocyemata's wrath. One by one, Stinger, Drudge, Divider, returned to the swamp that spawned them, dragged down by huge pincers. Saved from certain doom, the Aquillans were determined to inform their general of a potential ally.
The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Maze of Death set. Its model name and number are #29 Deep Lurker.

This was my original design for the second round of the Chops Custom Contest. Really liked it, but when I was searching to make sure C3V hadn't used the figure, I found another design with powers too similar.
BELDWIN BOAR-RIDER

SKELETAL DWARF

Bio: Errant magic, it was. The wizard’s misspoken incantation, meant to protect the lives of his Dwarven comrades, brought something very different, indeed. Terrified, he watched as the skeletal remains of fallen Axegrinders rose from their bloodied and battered corpses. But as these skeletons picked up arms and armor and continued the battle, his terror found a new home in the eyes of his foes.

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Deathknell set. Its model number and name are #40/Skeletal Dwarf.

THONTAK GEMCASTER

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Icons of the Realms: Rage of Demons set. Its model number and name are 8/55 / Shield Dwarf Wizard..

Finally getting around to revamping my customs thread. I'll update links as time permits. Actually, just kinda sweeping everything under the spoiler rug for now.

Spoiler Alert!

Kudos & Credits:
To GreyOwl for providing the card templates and customization tools. GO's Toolbox
To Whitestuff for the great tutorial on using GIMP. Whitestuff's GIMP Tutorial
And to bmaczero for adapting MSE to Heroscape card blanks!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; February 21st, 2020 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added new designs