View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2015, 11:36 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Xualtiaca Fire Ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Why would you ever use Swarming to move and attack with an Ant when you could just move that Ant normally though? I don't think it'd prevent something like Engagement Strike. Just kind of seems like a waste of 3 Move.

~TAF, confused
By using swarming to move, and not activating figures using movement, you can choose any ant you control to attack with, instead of being restricted to the ants that moved. That flexibility can be valuable.

You could have a situation where there are many potential targets to attack, but one is higher priority to kill, so you want to be able to attack that one a bunch of times, but move on to attack others if it dies quickly. Or you could be facing goblin cutters and you want to be able to attack with any ant instead of allowing your opponent to scurry away from the active ants.

I'm not saying it would come up all the time, but there are definitely times when I would forgo regular movement to gain activation flexibility when attacking.