View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms; plans new movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
No offense, but you may be insane. 4 had aliens, and considering that the series was based off of magic, as opposed to science-fiction, automatically takes it down a few notches. On the otherhand, I loved 3.

The movies weren't based off of magic, they were based off of popular myths in the times the movies were based. The religious artifacts were all the rage during the times the first few movies took place. So when 4 came out, taking place like what, 15-20 years after, they had to take the new popular myth, and top of that list for the new time period was Roswell. Perfect, plus it was unexpected. It fit very well, and totally felt like Indy to me. I have no problem with the aliens. (In a world with crazy religious powers and magic, are aliens really that hard to believe? Come on, we're Heroscapers for crying out loud. )

Like I said, 3 was just too campy for me. I watched it with my whole family, and none of us liked it. I was actually really surprised when I saw online it has such good reviews. Nobody I know in real life around here likes it. (I don't mind that you like it, I just don't like hate for the 4th movie just because of the aliens. Shia Lebouf? Yeah, hate him, perfectly fine. )
I have no issues with Indy 4 or 3 or any of the others for that matter. They are great movies and nothing happened in 4 that did not fit perfectly well with the rest of the set. However I also happen to like Shia as an actor as well. So I'm prepared to take attacks on both fronts. I thought he was all wrong for that role however and think his performance only hurt the movie. I did care very much for him as an actor in Transformers though Incoming rage!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "