View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I finally got a chance to play Star Wars: Rebellion with the Rogue One themed expansion. It was a pretty fun 3 player game with me being the Rebellion and the other two the Empire in which I won the day. Used all the new rules and cards and they seemed pretty sweet. The new green dice introduced only have 2 hit chances out of the 6 sides (33% chance) but they are both hit anywhere so they give you more options on how to use them. I think my opponent may have made a mistake once though where he opted to destroy my Rebel Vanguard units (and their green die) when the odds of getting a hit on my next turn was actually better with the regular troops (who rolled black dice) as they were just fighting other regular troops. Had they been attacking an vehicle the right move would have been to take out the Vanguard's first.

While I may have won the day, it certainly felt like the Empire was a massive unstoppable force. There is a new rule that limits your heroes to 8, but then the Empire had a card that let them increase that to 9 and they also were able to recruit new heroes as a mission card instead of having to wait. Then they captured and killed one of my heroes so they were running 9 guys to my 7. I pretty much just let them do whatever they wanted without trying to oppose them very often as I was too focused on trying to do my own things. They figured out where my base was, the info just came too late as their forces were too far away to reach it before time would run out for them. I did a good job of scoring points and shortening the game, I think our long hiatus on the game helped me sneak in some easy points by surprise. If we played the game more often I think the Empire would have done a better job of defending itself from my ability to score easy points.

The game still took us a little over 4 hours to play though, which is why we don't get to it as often as I'd like as we have started to gravitate towards games that run closer to 2 hours so we can play 2-3 games in one day instead of just 1. Still we all had fun and one buddy who stopped by for a few minutes and had never played it before now really wanting to play it himself next time he gets out.