View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2020, 11:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yes, hang out with your daughter while she still wants to hang out with you. My twins stopped gaming years ago and now don't even want to watch our shows together anymore. So enjoy it while it lasts

You're addicted to printing
She's 9 years old and already is starting to not want to hang out with me most of the time so I try to take advantage of any time I can get with her. The 3d printing is really fun. I think what is making it even more fun for me lately is the fact that Im getting stuff made that I have been 3d modeling myself. My mom doesnt play many video games, but when she does, she likes a little game called "plants vs zombies". Not sure if you have played it, but its a fun little game. Rules are simple. Keep the zombie hordes out of your house by planting killer plants that kill them for you. Peashooters, squash, melon pults, you name it. So Ive been 3d printing her plants from the game over the last few years. I started printing her most of the plants I could find on thingiverse. I basically just maxxed out my printbed on the fdm printer. Most of the prints would take anywhere from 8 to 14 hrs. I eventually ran out of ones to print. Id check occassionally and find a new one here or there. Then I started learning how to successfully cut files into pieces and was able to do a few more. Im to the point now that I have been 3d sculpting and modeling any of the characters I want, cutting them down into pieces for the printer, and printing them out. The last couple of them took about 24 hrs a piece. She literally has a whole PvZ garden in her big windowsill in her kitchen. My one brother that also 3d prints has made a zombie or two from the game to join my plants. I have also painted everything that is made there. My mom is a great human being. There is easily 500hrs worth of print time sitting there. The average plant is 5 to 6 inches tall. Its totally worth it. I am also printing things of use for a bunch of different family members all the time. So Im obsessed for sure, but it brings a lot of joy to a bunch of people, and thats not counting all the plasticrack Ive made for myself.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo