View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2020, 07:29 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Swogger's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swogger View Post
I agree about the points and power balance. I try not to make regular heroes cost over 120pts since they will never get drafted if they are too expensive, and common squads ideally need to be low cost to get multiple sets. I can nerf the stats by dropping a few attack and defense dice and adding 10-30 pts where needed.

I had noticed turn-based buffing mechanics were kind of anathematized in Heroscape, I just never knew if there was a community consensus or rule against using those types of abilities. I'll try to think of some alternative skillset.

Rest assured, regular heroes will get used if they are over 120 points as long as they do something unique or useful for builds they go in. And not all common squads should be cheap, Minions and Sentinels both get drafted in the 2x-3x range, despite costing 110 points each. Don't limit your designs with preconceived notions of power regulation, but you should also think about how playing against the unit should feel.

Have fun designing

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.