View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:25 AM

RePhil is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Based on the images I've seen so far, I'm unhappy with the expasion. It brings only 15 new spell cards (3 for each color I believe). In this case, the 2 black pw can't be played together, as it's gonna lack of cards and army cards.
The worse with Kiora: if someone picks up her, Jace AND Nissa can become unavaliable to play. I hoped that for Kiora and Ob would be at least a deck for each, plus some cards for another colors as well.
True... that's one of the reasons I'm considering getting a second of each sets. That way every planeswalker can choose among all possibilities.

One thing I was wondering about... do you think that the dual colored planeswalker will have a limit on how they can build their armies? For example, max 50% of points in one color and/or a maximum of points spent on a single spell/unit. That way it would be similar to the card game.

I ask because in the card game, if you put 2 (or more) colors in one deck, it can hinder your ability to cast single colored spells. In a 60 card deck you might have 20 mana cards.

In a deck with 2 colors, you might have 10 of each colors. So sometimes you can't do anything because you only have let's say red mana but your hand is full of blue spells. For the same reason, you wouldn't put any cards requiring too much of the same color in the deck.