View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs: Arctorus Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
After some thought and lots of games, I have modified the Cover Shot power on Pavin Nahz slightly.
Quote:
COVER SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 1. Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. After attacking an opponent's figure with Cover Shot Special Attack, you may move 3 other non-flying Unique Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. Figures moved with Cover Shot Special Attack never take leaving engagement attacks.
Laying down cover fire for a flying figure is already iffy thematically, but gameplay was the main reason I made this change. Marcu Esenwein is too strong with this power, because he can reach a glyph in two turns without an Eternal Hatred roll. Additionally, it allows you to move up Raelin without an Order Marker and move up another hero. In all, it wasn't too much for the game to handle but it ruined the point of the design. Limiting Cover Shot to non-flying Unique Heroes drives in the goal of this design: build a hero-heavy army and have fun. He's not really a competitive figure, but building armies around Pavin is fun and he helps hero-only builds out. Getting lots of attacks is the problem, so pairing lots of heroes with Pavin and the Krav (or Q9, Q10, etc.) is still a good idea. Raelin is still good in Pavin builds, but now she isn't broken.

With this change I have dropped the points to 45 as well, since Pavin hasn't had a great win record so far without the powerful Raelin + Marcu combination. I'd consider dropping him lower, but overall the 40-point options are a touch below Pavin's worth and the 50-point options are a tad above, so 45 fits him well. I won't trouble Johnny for a new card just yet, since I'm going to continue testing (though I don't expect to run into any more problems). I just wanted to offer an update for anyone interested.
So is it broken just when a figure flies, because I'm just not sure I follow what is broken about this custom. If that is what the problem is could you have a clause where a figure who possesses the flying power can choose to walk rather then fly? I'm just trying to figure out what's broken here.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist