View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Would you, could you on a plane?

Gaton Woo who?
Snakes on a Plane

Where are some of the places you have played Heroscape?

Would you, could you on a plane?

We did!!! (SirGalahad, Draca, and me)

We took three 24-hex, two 7-hex, three 3-hex, four 2-hex, two 1-hex, and 8 water tiles.

We used only non-flying, single-hex melee units. Armies usually consisted of a hero and a squad. We took nine squads and eleven heroes. For wound markers, we used dice or destroyed figures (thought that the wound markers would get lost when the tray tables got bumped).

I created a dice tray from a 3-lb butter tub and lined it with felt. It kept the noise and the number of dice rolling off the tray tables down to a minimum.

We played 7 games on the flight out and four, more-involved games on the flight back (the flight home was a little bumpy). Most games were 1v1, 3-way FFA or 1v2, with the person in the middle getting an extra hero and/or squad (and usually height).

It was cool to see the looks on people's faces, especially the flight attendants. We may have infected a few new victims, especially the woman who wanted to know where she could get a starter set for her 9-year-old nephew when we landed in Vegas.

Surprisingly we would have sailed through security at both airports with all of our weapons had Draca not left a full water bottle in her backpack on the way home.

I did not cheat; I just misinterpreted the rules!

Last edited by Gaton; June 29th, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updated location of photos