View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:18 PM

Lord3 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Deadeye and Theracus add up to 100 points. If you've got the Venoc Warlord, and Acolarh, you can fly Deadeye 11 spaces away, preferably to height, or some other hard to reach spot. His only problems are that he can't move to do his powers, and he can't do his powers against adjacent figs. So as a unit charges up to him, not only can he not back up, he will be useless when the unit reaches him. Combine that with 2 def. 3 lives, well....
I'd always take Saylind over Theracus. Move 6 with Saylind, Attempt to Summon, if you fail move up another 6 and attempt again. DeD would be 13 spaces closer to the target. Saylind is better for pulling out a wounded hero than Theracus. Saylind also is only 1 hex and can access spots that Theracus might not be able to carry you to.

Quote:
After tarnishing an otherwise beautiful win by not properly reading Deadeye Dan's card, I was thinking about the size restriction on Ullar's Enhanced Rifle- specifically why it's there. Now, perhaps I'm not thinking this through entirely, or maybe I'm missing something else (like longer game experience) but yeah. I just can't see it as a game balancer in any real way. So the target doesn't get to roll defense dice. That seems really awesome, until you realize that you can only deal one wound, regardless. Most large or huge creatures have at least three life, so that'd be at least three activations of Deadeye to eliminate the target, assuming he doesn't miss and that he is unharried long enough to do so. Can you imagine spending eight order markers to kill Braxas? Additionally, none of your other units would be able to act if you were repeating Deadeye Dan. Pretty hefty tradeoff there alone.
I think this was to prevent any further de-value-ization of the Death Walkers. Without the rule he'd have a 50 percent chance of insta-gibbing dwk8 and 9k. If your opponent wasted 130 or 140 points, you could counter with simply drafting DeD for 60