View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2020, 12:46 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Atrocitus) (II) (Public Testing

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Atrocitus II

Army Test
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Atrocitus (400), Bleez (350), Dex-Starr (250)
Team 2 (990): Cosmic Boy (260), Lightning Lad (180), Saturn Girl (220), Superboy (330)

Spoiler Alert!

Note: For the sake of balance, I decided that Cosmic Boy couldn’t throw people into molten lava.

Not going to lie, this was a really frustrating un-fun game. The Reds just kept charging at Cosmic Boy, but Cos was rolling so well there really wasn’t a way to get through to him. Even the few times his roll failed, Saturn Girl was there debuffing their attack, making sure the Reds still couldn’t get through. Ultimately just feels like I didn’t get much meaningful data here, other than what I already knew. (RLs are very berserker-esque high attack/low defense characters in general.)

Cosmic Boy, on top of the really lucky rolls, was good at displacing the Reds enough that they couldn’t use a lot of their adjacency-based abilities.

Army Test
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Team 1 (1,280): Atrocitus (400), Bleez (350), Rankorr (280), Dex-Starr (250)
Team 2 (1,280): Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Arsenal (190), Wonder Girl (Cassie) (240), Wonder Girl (Donna) (140), Kid Flash (110)

Spoiler Alert!

This battle may seem like a little bit of a landslide victory for the Reds, but I think they were running out of juice there towards the end. They’re definitely a candle that burns hard and fast, and I think if the Titans could’ve lasted just a bit longer they’d have had a much better chance.

Atrocitus got a few lucky big hits in, but I think that’s to expected when putting a high-level hero up against mid-to-low-level ones. Still, no doubt that stuff like killing Arsenal in one hit affected the overall flow of the game, as it allowed the Reds to get their momentum really going.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 1 huge loss and 1 fairly big win. I think he’s always going to have an advantage against weaker figures, but not too much that can be done about that. I feel like he’s probably about good at 400. They still feel very much like a short-term berserker offensive, which is perfect. It does mean he feels a bit fragile at time, being a 400 point faction centerpiece. But Blood And Rage allows him to elongate his own survivability pretty handily if you use it right. (And aren’t getting tossed around by Cosmic Boy!)

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Feels spot on! I like how this design captured a bit more of the scheming aspect of his character than the first version did. Being a Machiavellian jerk and throwing your allies under the bus felt really strategic, especially when you could get Battery Markers out of it. It prevented the enemy from doing the usual tactic of just focusing on one unit until they’re down then moving on to the next.