View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2020, 10:05 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Atrocitus) (II) (Public Testing

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Rojo Lantern (Atrocitus) (Dos)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Red Lanterns: Atrocitus II, Mera, Bleez, Dex-Starr (1300) VS Captain America C3G, Iron Man Hulkbuster, War Machine, Doctor Strange, Wong, Ant-Man Hank Pym (1300)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Atrocitus II, Supergirl, Rankorr, Dex-Starr (1300) VS Green Lanterns: Guy, John, Kyle, Blue Lantern Warth, Green Construct Shield x4 (1300)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: This is such a fun faction. The Red Lanterns are a brutal army early on, when battery markers are plentiful and their attack power is terrifying. But they can burn out quickly, losing steam and momentum if you are too aggressive. Atrocitus II is an effective leader and was a lot of fun to play. Shunting wounds away from Atrocitus and where battery markers are needed is super useful, and obviously Ravager bonding is great but balanced by the requirement to inflict a wound.

While the Red Lanterns lost both my games, I feel like I misplayed them slightly in game 1. Bleez stealing one of Atrocitusís markers provided some early wounds but nerfed Atrocitusís attack for the remainder of the game. Despite that blunder they did very well, only losing to Strange in the end. In game 2, the Green Lanterns provided a natural counter to the reds with their ability to ignore attacks. I figured the high attack of the Red Lanterns would be able to overcome this, but with lanterns games are decided by momentum, and the Greens had the early momentum. Killing Rankorr so early robbed the Reds of their guaranteed autowounds - Supergirlís autowounds could be effectively ignored with a battery shield. So while the reds lost game 2, I felt Atrocitus still performed up to par.