Thread: HoME Maps
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:09 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It is beautiful. I don't want to claim his work as ours.

I think I would rather our master sets use slightly smaller maps, and we can refer people to peteparkerh's excellent larger maps when they have the terrain.
I agree. In keeping with classic 'scape, I think our master set maps should strive for 400 - 600 point armies as their ideal setup and be sized close-ish to gencon level tourney maps. I absolutely love the "campaign" feel of peteparkerh's maps, but I don't think that's the best fit for master set included maps.

One idea that could be productive for this thread is if anyone gets inspired for a particular map, post in this thread the LotR battle / location you intend to work on so we don't get duplicated work. I've got a few ideas I'm considering, but if I get particularly inspired by one of them I'll post it here. Then if anyone sees that someone else posted a map they are interested in, they can reach out to the original poster and possibly collaborate. I imagine we'll have a review process for maps similar to figures.

Another goal could be for all master set maps to fit within some specific terrain requirement, such as no more than 1 MS + 2 terrain expansions (could restrict to only 1 terrain expansion, but I think that limits it a bit too much).