View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mister Terrific - Terry Sloane(Playtesting)

Forgot to post these in here awhile back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mister Terrific (160)

Army Test
Map: Fire Isles
Units: Doctor Mid-nite (150), Hawkman (220), Mister Terrific (160), Sandman (80), Starman (190) (800) vs Iron Man (240), Mister Fantastic (235), The Thing (325) (800)

Powers Used:
Man of 1000 Talents: 5
Mr. T reroll attack: 1
Mr. T reroll defense: 2
Mr. T rolls 20-sided die: 0
Mystery Man rolls 20-sided die: 2
Opponent reveals OM: 3
Champion of all Things Fair: 0
Wounds avoided: 0

Damage from normal attacks: 0

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Fire Isles
Units: Doctor Mid-nite (150), Hawkman (220), Mister Terrific (160), Sandman (80), Starman (190) (800) vs Iron Man (240), Mister Fantastic (235), The Thing (325) (800)

Powers Used:
Man of 1000 Talents: 8
Mr. T reroll attack: 3
Mr. T reroll defense: 3
Mystery Man rolls 20-sided die: 1
Opponent reveals OM: 2
Champion of all Things Fair: 0
Wounds avoided: 0

Damage from normal attacks: 6

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Alkali Lake
Units: Flash (220), Hawkman (220), Mister Terrific (160) (600) vs Angel (90), Cyclops (190), Jean Grey (180), Nightcrawler (140) (600)

Powers Used:
Man of 1000 Talents: 9
Mr. T reroll attack: 6
Mr. T reroll defense: 4
Mystery Man rolls 20-sided die: 0
Opponent reveals OM: 0
Champion of all Things Fair: 2
Wounds avoided: 5

Damage from normal attacks: 8

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I’m counting the first test as the anomaly. In all other tests Mister Terrific performed well above his 160 cost. He did all 6 wounds on the Thing to destroy him and hit each of the X-men for the final blow. With Hawkman giving a boost of +1 Attack, Mister Terrific is able to roll 4 skulls on the average. This is equivalent to a figure with an Attack of 8. The math for it:

Attack = 5 x 50% = 2.5 skulls
Reroll 2.5 at 50% = 1.25 for an average roll of 3.75 skulls
Compared to an Attack = 8 x 50% = 4 skulls

With height advantage (or any other Attack boost):
Attack = 6 x 50% = 3 skulls
Reroll 3 at 50% = 1.5 skulls for an average of 4.5 skulls

I think this actually puts him close to Solomon Grundy level. Stats between the two are very similar. Grundy has Tough, but I think 1000 talents (Defense portion only) is similar or maybe even a little better. Grundy’s big power is revival and Terrific is geared to boost himself and others in multiple ways. I would give Grundy the advantage here.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Very good design and overall booster for the Mystery Men, however I think as is, his cost should be 200+. To lower his cost I think his Attack should be reduced to 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mister Terrific @ 160

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Mister Terrific(160), Hawkman(220), Superman(Kal-L)(370), Stargirl(150) (900)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Wolverine(280) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Mister Terrific(160), Hawkman(220), Superman(Kal-L)(370), Stargirl(150) (900)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Wolverine(280) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Mister Terrific plays well, and has some neat anti-botch powers(which unfortunately wasn't enough to stop him from double botching in the 2nd game). I'd say his support is OK, but his role as a power house is where he really shines. Don't have enough to draft Superman/Power Girl/Green Lantern, Mister Terrific would be your go to power hitter, especially so when teamed with Hawkman. His d20 manipulation wasn't used here, but I can't say appealing enough to really build a team around it(none of the Mystery Man d20 powers thus far seem worth building a team around, and a simple +1/-1 doesn't warrant doing so either IMO). His defense anti-botch for his team is nice, definitely a cool/useful support power. The bread and butter is with his ability to re-roll any non-skull/shield attack/defense dice once per attack/defense. That combined with Hawkman(and Flash, which I didn't use here in favor of the rematch after the big win) are definite solid combos. I'm glad I did a rematch, because his first game had me a bit concerned with his power level. I'd say taking the 2 into consideration(2nd game him botching hard), 1st game the other team having several botches themselves...I'd still say he needs a point bump. It's not unlikely that he'll be rolling 4-5 skulls with Hawkman, so that can be pretty deadly. I'd say a bump to 190 max should suffice, no lower than 180 unless mechanics change(which I don't think they should, he feels fun and useful as is). So 180-190 is decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutudak View Post
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mister Terrific @ 160

Army Test 1
Units:
Mister Terrific(160), Superman(370), Flash(Jay)(220), Stargirl(150), Sandman(80) (980)
vs.
Fantastic Four(1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom (same as Arkham's)
Units:
Mister Terrific(160), Hawkman(220), Flash(Jay)(220), Superman(370) (970)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He's a good synergy for additional mobility. Especially if you are using Hawkman as you can't use Stargirl. He has good potential as a glass cannon. He really should have support by someone who can boost his defense. His anti-botch power can literally save a life. As it saved 4 wounds on Superman. Cost could be a little higher, as the JSA synergy is already looking to be very powerful.