View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 07:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Alpha Flight Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Perhaps "Operative" could be used for these figures, but there's some class-changing powers?

Maybe Guardian has a fairly generic leader power like this (slightly modified version of weebaer's version):
LEAD OPERATIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Operative Hero you control and after taking a turn with that Operative, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one other Unique Operative Hero you control within clear sight of Guardian.
And then Vindicator could have the power:
MUTANT OPERATIVE RECRUITMENT
At the start of the game, you may choose two Unique Mutant Hero Army Cards in your army. For this game the class of the chosen cards class is Outcast Operative instead of what is listed on the card.
This allows Vindicator to recruit the twins in, or you could use it for Wolverine (also thematic), or whoever you like I guess.

No reason that Vindicator, Shaman, Sasquach, and Snowbird (and Box) can't all be Operatives. If that feels too weird for Shaman/Snowbird, then let Guardian bond with Operatives and Mystics, and let Snowbird and Shaman be Mystics.

(I think giving Guardian or Vindicator an Adventurer bonding power is a nonstarter, because it immediately becomes Fantastic Four redux. Invisible Woman becomes an auto-add, Silver Surfer is available, blah blah.)
I think you meant the above and I agree with the adventurer. It's the reason I have such an issue with DC character I work on because you practically have to eliminate adventurer and scientist or some form of the F4 gets dragged in.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.