View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Now that I own this and have played a few games I can say I like it a bit more than I thought I would. I'm not a comic collector/reader and only familiar with a small handful of Super Heroes/Villians through movies and television.

First off, the paint job on the figures is fantastic. The warehouse ruin looks better in the flesh than in most photographs we've seen previously. And the Army Cards look very sharp. This set is very nice to look at.

I think they did a great job working the characters into the Heroscape system. And the 10 figures have a nice balance to them within this set alone. I haven't done a mixed game yet, but it won't be long before my son and I play it with some Agents or Soulborgs or Zombies added to the draft pool.

The amount of terrain tiles is skimpy but I don't mind that since there is so much modular terrain already out there that plugs right in. Playing the Marvel scenarios in the rulebook on those two tiny flat maps only reminds me of how much more strategy is involved with more complex maps. (Even more so when the map is not symmetrical )

I give it a . Glad I bought it. Now to start using the black Asphalt tiles as another type of Lava Field tile on a Classic Heroscape battlefieled