View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

We have a PSA for this next Monthly. We can't ignore the elephant in the room that is the current Coronavirus pandemic. There are a lot of safety measure being put in place, and it's entirely possible that they may affect our own gathering. I don't expect it to -- our tournaments are rather small compared to the gatherings that are being limited -- but with so many operations being shut down we're definitely talking about what might need to happen. We hope nothing needs to change -- I'd love for the Monthly to be a nice bright point in this hectic month -- but we also need to recognize reality. So, in the interest of transparency for us all, here's where we're at:

Right now, we're planning on proceeding as planned. I'm going to wait a week and then contact Game Haven about the tournament. Hopefully by then they'll have had time to figure out their stance on gatherings in the store and they'll be able to let us know if we're still good. Based on our experience with them in the past, I fully expect them to allow us to play -- they've always supported our group and I don't see them limiting a gathering averaging around 20 people.

If we can't play at Game Haven, there is already discussion taking place on finding a different venue to play at. We'll release more details on that as soon as things become more concrete. (And if you have connections to another venue, such as a local church's cultural hall, please let us know!)

With that, we organizers have been discussing, and we do plan on having hand sanitizer/some kind of disinfecting wipes available at game day. Even with small numbers, we get really close to each other and touch a lot of the same stuff, so we want to keep from spreading anything as much as possible. So please, even if you're not feeling sick on game day, be sure to keep your hands clean because there's a lot of traffic in the store outside of our group.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we'd like to request that anyone feeling under the weather on game day please take one for the team and just skip this month. We love you all, and we don't want to be spreading anything unnecessarily -- to each other, or to others who are more susceptible to the disease. Even if you don't think it's that bad, you won't be doing anyone any favors by spreading even the smallest sickness at this point in time.

Thanks all! You're the best Heroscape community plasticrack can buy!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19