View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:42 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain

I used a Dremel (maybe this is what GP means by "routing tool"??) to modify the base of a Star Wars minis AT-ST into a peanut. It worked pretty well, especially on the second one I did.

The unmodified base is a large circle:

I cut the base of the figure on the left first. I centered a large peanut base on the underside of the AT-ST's base, right below the feet, then traced and cut. The AT-ST figure is fairly top heavy. The figure on the left is stable, but tends to fall forward on its face if bumped too hard. So when I cut the second base, I biased the peanut base towards the toes as much as I could while tracing it. This one is much more stable. You can see that the edge of the base comes right up to the heel of the foot in the background of the figure on the right and very close to the heel of the foot in the foreground.