View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2018, 07:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Drax (II) (Breathing)

If my read of the card was correct, he could only ever get a single ranged attack. While I don't want to minimize the situational value that ranged attack could have, it wasn't one of the main drivers of his price.

My point from before was that when his multiple attacks came from wounds on other figures (a-la Clobbering time), it was something opponents could try to play around. You have the option to focus on Drax. Drax is very hard to kill so this is kind of what the Drax player wants you to do, but it turns Drax into the wild and crazy focal point he should be.

With the current version, opponents kind of want to avoid wounding Drax (which feels a bit strange) unless they can focus and kill him very fast. Even then, Not Dead Yet more or less guarantees that you're going to face 3 attacks of 6 at some point, which is pretty tough. Basically he becomes a slightly more scary version of Wolverine - same muti-attack trigger, similar healing, a bit more base stats on both attack and defense, and critically, the ability to move between hits like speedball.

My personal preference is to go back to the Ragtag Clobbering Time wording that was bounced around in the thread ("Before attacking with Drax, you may choose one other Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Drax [who does not share a species or class with any other figures in your army]. After Drax attacks, he may attack one additional time for every 2 Wound Markers on the chosen figure's Army Card. Drax cannot attack more than three times in a single turn."). It's your design so I'm not trying to force that on you. I'm just saying that basing it on his wounds instead is a very big change.

I also think the ability to move between attacks seems excessive (it's something we usually associate with far more mobile figures than Drax).