View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What about, instead of making Master of Ninjitsu into Ninjitsu + a separate attack effect + a separate defense effect, we take baseline Ninjitsu as the 'attack effect' of Splinter's MMA equivalent, and then try to work up a corresponding defensive aspect to the power? Spitballing, but maybe something like this that could let him clown some Foot Ninja:

Quote:
Splinter can attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. Splinter can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Opponents' figures without the Super Strength special power cannot move through Splinter and subtract 1 from their Attack numbers when attacking Splinter with a normal attack.
Interesting idea, and I like him being able to just block Phantom Walkers - that's beautifully thematic, and I'd be intrigued if he could make leaving engagement attacks when he normally couldn't as well - he's just that good that you can't slip past him - but I'm not 100% sold, especially not on the blanket attack subtraction for non-super-strength, and I'd quite like him to have a counterstrike element. I'll have to sleep on it (late in Britain! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
SPLINTER!!!

As with the other TMNT designs, everyone needs to remember this is not frail old Splinter from the cartoon or movie. This is comics Splinter and comics Splinter is like Batman.
Yeah, damn right (well, I know him from the 2003 cartoon, but still, that Splinter fits your assessment of comics Splinter) - Splinter should be an absolute badass and one of the premier martial artists in the C3G world. I'm thinking 200 points minimum, here, and he should be able to school any of his sons 1-on-1.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================