View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2023, 05:24 PM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker
Re: Announcing HexiCon! April 19th, 20th-23rd, 2023

Hey All,
I've been out of 'scape for years, but have gotten the itch and am happy to find there's a lot of life in the community. I'm curious as to what the current attitude is towards proxies at formal tournaments and conferences. I tried searching heroscapers.com for a relevant thread, but found nothing. Back in the day it made sense that you had to bring official everything because the game was still in production. But it's a different reality now (out of production, 3D printing, VC…). For conferences and tournies, what are the thoughts on:
• Rectangular Cards
• 3D prints of unit sculpts…
• If OK, do they need to be painted?
• Proxy sculpts - that have a similar look/feel to the original.
• WRT VC, single spaced sculpts - Can we keep them on the original base? (for a two space unit, there is an obvious need to rebase)
• And the most casual play idea: Combo of official sculpts with "pawns." Imagine having two squads of official sculpts and then a set of green "meeples" to proxy for a third squad. If there's ever a concern about LoS or can it fit in a space, swap the meeple with an official unit. Opponent gets to choose which units are swapped in case there are relevant differences in unit posture.

I'm posting this question to both the ScapeCon III and Hexicon threads. Sorry for the redundancy.

Namaste,
'zymur