View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2020, 01:24 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
So with the exception of the chain issue I liked the excellent writing and Utgar's character and stuff like that, but at the same time there were elements that felt incomplete (not in a harmful way but in a missed opportunity way): like we never found out what they were mining for and that never really came into the plot, or the villain wasn't quite as compelling as he could've been as a mirror to what Utgar will eventually become or whatever.
Incomplete things do seem to be a bit of a pattern with me. I need to find the balance between making everything in a story relevant to the story, and still somehow exploring everything worth exploring.

That being said, the mining does play a larger part in Eternity and I do know what they were mining and why. It isn't explained because the prisoners don't know and don't care.

As far as Orm (not Migol - that's CoN) not being super compelling, I'm chalking that up to a lack of screen-time, which of course makes sense given the setting and the length of the story. And my struggles with the 3-act-structure, which I still can't balance quite right. All of the acts are getting condensed (especially act 2), so I'm a bit lacking in the 'depth' department so far.

As for the writing, I'm going back and forth. I really don't know what the problem is; I keep having troubles with every idea I get. But at least I'm still getting ideas, so...

I'd say a continuation of these prequels is just as likely as me writing anything else right now.

~TGRF.