View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2018, 03:42 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Another weird Wednesday/Saturday drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
My crew does a lot of volunteer work. From donating blood and sorting/stocking at the local food bank, to beautification/clean up of our area hospice, to winter clothing drives.

Daughter #2 knows about these drawings and challenged me to give a few sets away to folks making a difference in their communities.

So, feel free to brag about what you do. Post an image/description of your most recent (non court ordered ) volunteer efforts and my expert panel of judges will select winners.
I was the Vice President of my school's National Honor Society chapter, and one of the main activities that I did was go around and collect the recycling from all of the teachers at my school to take them out. Normally, it would be a large group effort, but due to some disorganization as various clubs traded responsibilities, most of the other members were unable to help with recycling.

I ended up doing the recycling every day for several weeks as a result, leading to jokes that I was the school's recycling program. At one point, the club's Historian was putting together a scrapbook of the NHS' contributions to our community, and requested a photo of me carrying out the recycling duties. This awkward photo was the result: