View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Priscus

Interesting character I'm not quite sure what to make of him yet. As Arch-vile already pointed out I think the standard 500 point army looks to be.

Priscus
Crixus
x4 Capuan
30 point filler

The question is, is that build better then the classic steamroller? Out side of a couple builds (auto wounds come to mind) I think the answer in no. The 600 point army range is where it gets interesting, do you throw on Priscus to the steamroller? To me that seems like too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I really wise you could do Capuan x6, Crixus, Priscus, but that's 10 points over. How Priscus and Spartacus interact in higher point games will be interesting to see how it plays out. I do like how Priscus allows for lower point gladiator builds, for 400 Crixus, Priscus, Isamu, and Capuan x3 seems viable.

For his power ranking, as of right now he seems like a standard B to me, he gets crushed by the elite armies and has trouble but still is competitive against the next tier armies. All in all he looks like a cool figure, that I'm looking forward to figuring out.