View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2019, 06:42 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
And I am not sure why the conversation has shifted. I heard a total of zero complaints regarding the main event format at Gencon this year. The 6 round rtw format was great. In addition, I know that many participants enjoyed trying to build the perfectly balanced army (not too weak, not too strong, not too easy to play) before Gencon.
I think it's mostly been people not at Gencon that have been throwing out alternatives. If it were up to me we'd run a different format, to be sure, but I agree that the 6 round alternating RTW was the best format that's been used in the 10 years I've been playing the main event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
There are other tournaments at Gencon which either do, have, or could feature reverse draft, bring two, cluster, pods, c3v, c3g, marvel, etc. In addition, there is open play on Thursday night where anyone who wishes to run one of those tournaments can do so. The Thursday night time slot for the old man's tourney worked out fine (15 participants plus CVN played in the first round.) If you build a tournament for which there is demand, they will come.
Yes, to be clear, my suggestions for Chaos of Battle and Reverse Draft were for side events, not main event. I'm fine with Reverse Draft being an evening event again, I'd just rather it be an official event that people can buy tickets for instead of having to sign people up here like I did in 2016, 2017, and 2018. I got 14 players in 2018, which to me says it deserves to be a ticketed event.
Agreed -- that's a very impressive number for a non-ticketed event.