View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Spider-Verse/Spider-Family Workshop

Gwen
Furious Assault with 6 spaces of free movement between attacks is pretty juiced. Johnny's 'rhythm' mechanic that LO mentioned would look something like this:

Quote:
After attacking an adjacent figure with her normal attack, Spider-Woman may attack an adjacent figure again. After that attack, if she rolled the same number of skulls in both attacks, she may attack an adjacent figure again. Spider-Woman may continue attacking adjacent figures with her normal attack until she does not roll that number of skulls.
We've talked about doing that for Gwen before, and I think it'd be a cool mechanic to explore. Furious Assault with a crapload of movement doesn't really capture anything particularly thematic to the character, to me. (Plus, like I said, way too strong)

Also I'd go Swing Line 4 for her rather than Web Swing 2. She's a counterpart to Peter, but she's a counterpart to rookie Peter (aka the Hasbro version), not the full-grown 'been doing this for over a decade' Peter (aka the C3G version). She should definitely be close to Hasbro Spider-Man and Miles, points-wise.

Ham
I'd drop spidey-senses here for sure. We've skipped it as a power where there was something else going on defensively before (see Mayday), and Cartoon Physics should definitely be the bigger deal. (Plus, I mean, just from a 'diversity of designs' standpoint, it's nice for them to not all work the same way)

I might give Mallet a slightly less specific name (just something about general 'cartoon hammerspace props'), but I like the idea.

I'd go Swing Line 3 over Web Swing here - Web Swing is like the 'this guy's really good at this' version of Swing Line and should mainly go on the folks that are really great at web stuff. I would go for it on Silk, Superior Spidey and maaaybe Julia Carpenter.