View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2016, 06:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ebon Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Theoretically, if both you and an opponent were playing with a squad of these, and you each had the same number remaining (and nothing else), the game would be a draw, no?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Yes, if you stopped the game at that time and went to scoring (either partial card scoring or by-the-book full card scoring), then yes, it would be a tie. The same could be said of any figure in the game.

However, there's nothing about an Ebon Armor mirror match that lends itself to a draw. They can attack and kill each other, and you could just play it out until only one player has any Animata left standing. They can't bring themselves back (they need unique humans to do that, and that's a finite supply) so it wouldn't stretch out for too long.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding the first ability, or the rules of engagement... These dudes have a range of 1. So to attack, they must be adjacent/engaged to the figure they are attacking. But through the Defensive Positioning ability, they are engaged, and they have no visible hit zones. So my Ebon Armor standing next to an opponent's Ebon Armor... I figured they can't see each other.
Fairly new to the game; what am I missing here?
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying the question.

What you're missing is that you can always attack figures you are adjacent to; attacking an adjacent figure does not require being able to see hit zones. Defensive Positioning only protects the Ebon Armor from ranged attacks.