View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2019, 11:05 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
For simplicity's sake, we could just allow the Alphas to Shift after successfully defending against any normal attack, or any ranged normal attack.
I like this a lot more if we want to keep this direction. If they have 4 defense, they'll generally be able to take a few hits anyway, and it feels more approachable than getting into the targeting business.

Here's a draft of what that could look like:
Quote:
BLINK
After a Velnesh Alpha rolls defense dice against a normal attack and is not destroyed, it may immediately use its Shift Special Power.
This could be frustrating for melee squads if they can just Shift out of engagement after one successful defense, but I'd like to test it out working against melee first. That also does simplify the teleport triggers to (1) before moving, (2) after moving, or (3) after defending (instead of after defending against range), which is at least simpler than what we were going with.
I think this could work. Another option would be to stay with the current version of Blink and just replace Shift with Phantom Walk. I think Blink is a unique enough ability to differentiate them from the Ninjas of the Northern Wind.

This would give us:

LIFE 1 (3 figures)
MOVE 6 / BASIC 5
RANGE 1 / BASIC 1
ATTACK 4 / BASIC 4
DEFENSE 4 / BASIC 4

100 POINTS

PHANTOM WALK
Velnesh Alphas can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

BLINK (I prefer the name PHASE SHIFT for this power but that's a quibble)
When a Velnesh Alpha is targeted for a normal attack by an opponent's figure, you may place that Velnesh Alpha adjacent to the attacking figure. Velnesh Alphas will not take leaving engagement attacks while Blinking.