View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Beantown Beatdown V - POST TOURNEY

Great tournament. Congrats Cleon! I went 3 wins to 2 losses this time, but I lost vs Cleon and Killdawabit, and both ended up pretty close to the top. Lots of bad luck in the games I lost, and good luck in the games I won. Weird how at a tournaent no game ever seems to follow the rule of averages with die rolls for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFattestNinja View Post
I have to say though that the strength of schedual scoring is kinda lame because if you get pared with someone round 1 who then goes on to lose every game you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the tourney, also it doesn't represent your performance at all. I had total victories 4 games out of 5. it just seems silly that my opponent from round one's performance in subsequent rounds affects my outcome.
Yeah, there are some drawbacks and good things to be said for every scoring system. There's a lot of debate on them. SOS isn't so bad, IMHO, but different tournaments use different tie braker methods, and you're going to like some better than others....

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format