View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:53 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'd like to submit my Einar Monk design: Lee Jun.

Card text:
Spoiler Alert!

Known Synergies:
- Master Lao Xin
- Master Win Chiu Woo
- Sacred Band
- Ebon Armor
- Count Raymond

Balance/Playability: Lee Jun is naturally swingy, just like the squad. In a mostly melee fight where he can engage plenty of figures, He'll be amazing. Against Range he'll fall as fast as any of his fellow Monk Heros. His Bending Reed Stance can be great with some hot dice, and it's especially good when you can engage an Enemy hero who has Multiple attacks, but it's only as good as your defense rolls. You'll occasionally have an amazing game where he always gets his markers, and can wipe the board, but most of the time the ability is no better than double attack, and it's often worse due to it's inconsistency. Realin of course can help, but as a Melee figure, that's still pretty inconsistent to set up, and have it work out. As long as you don't attack Lee Jun, he can only attack you once. From my experience he averages about 60 points worth of damage in most games, so that's where I've priced him.

The figure used is a D&D figure from the "Giants of Legend" wave called "Scarlet Brotherhood Monk".
There is also a promo figure that has white clothing instead of red, but it is extremely rare, and expensive, so I didn't count it towards the availability.
I was able to find these quantities:
Quote:
6 GameHollow.com
10 NobleKnight.com
12 RPGLocker.com
10 MiniatureMarket.com
2 CoolStuffInc.com
14 TrollandToad.com
1 Amazon.com
30 Ebay.com (I made sure not to count stores that also list their items on ebay.)
This gives a grand total of 85 at this time. There were around ~120 a couple months ago when I checked. Hopefully the supply comes back.

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 30th, 2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typos