View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Mare Nostrum Empires--the new official 2.0 title, although that third word its not on the box art yet--is only the third KS I've backed, and the first full game (the others were expansions for games I already own). While the initial Memorial Weekend Special I got is no longer available, in only a short time its gone from its $15,000 basic funding (achieved in 45 minutes) to over $250,000--and its still got about 40 days to run. With 27 stretch goals, most of which have been reached, and more to be added, I think this is going to be quite a phenomenon in Kickstarter history, if the game is good. And with the original author doing the redo, it probably will be--since he's listened very carefully to player feedback since 2003. While it won't break top funding records, its combination of good funding plus a good game plus good components will be talked about for a long time to come, I predict.

And where the original version wasn't even distributed in the USA, now we United Staters get the best deal of anyone: free shipping!