View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu
Speaking of the speed and agility of orcs, I've found they're the best counter to the Reavers. Blade gruts run the same cost/unit and with disengage can simply ignore the Reavers. Most players won't bother activating the Reavers very often once the battle is in full swing, and the orcs can just move right on by them to juicier targets. After all, they can't scatter if you don't attack them.
Rise of the Orcs....again!
The reavers' low cost and draft choice during any portion of the pre-game selection (granted there are enough Deathreaver squads in the draft pool to play the surprise pick later in the selection procedure) can surprise someone not building up a sizeable orc force.

~
Reavers vs. Reavers then? Ah!

Sorry, I know I sound bitter about these guys, but I've experienced and witnessed the sheer frustration of one's army completely shut down by these little roborodents that they're not even that much fun for me to play.
The Viper army is not as potent, the Wulsinu have been severely neutered, and the already challenged melee units run against yet another snag...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Reavers flawed in all the goodness one gets for a mere 40 points per squad.