View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2018, 02:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Nice set of customs! I wanted to share my initial thoughts on a couple of them below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

This guy is ready to go. I haven't submitted him yet as the majority of his testing was done with the Beakface Archers and I'd like to make sure he still runs well with the Sneaks if the Archers don't end up making it through. So far though, he's a great, cheap edition for the Raptorians.
I like this guy overall, and I think that it'd be nice to have him as another option for the Raptorians. The mini also seems very fitting, and I was hoping to see a design get through for it.

What is the reasoning behind Second Strike, though? I'm not seeing the theme between a Reckless figure only attacking again if the first one misses. It feels more like an addition for gameplay than for theme to me right now.

Quote:

Lartoth has been playtested a couple times and has brought some fun play to the Drow in the sense that as a Unique Spider who is the actual Spider of Lolth, she bonds with the Arachnomancers...which is very thematic. I like the direction so far.
Arachnomancer Bonding feels more like it belongs on a squad than a Unique Arachnid Hero to me, but I do like how it gives additional potential to Fyorlag Spiders by making Estivara slightly more feasible there.

Wall of Web seems like it might be a pain to keep track of, though. I'd like to see it simplified a little bit, since it's essentially just adding more bells and whistles to Swirling Vortex.

Quote:

I wanted a Necromancer figure for Valkrill that could kill his own units but also bring them back. Here's a shot at it. Untested, but hoping the concept is there.
I'm not a fan of being able to revive Orcs, Durgeth, and the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs. To me, the power would be more thematic and fitting if it only worked with Undead squad figures in some way, such as the various Skeleton squads and the Zombies of Morindan.

Is the name "Necromancer of Valkrill" a placeholder? It sounds either like an Uncommon Hero or like a callback to the Death Knights of Valkrill, and a unique name might be more fitting.

If it was intended as a callback to the Death Knights, then I think that making him Relentless to allow him to bond with them wouldn't hurt. The Death Knights are fairly expensive anyway, so destroying them for the Special Attack would be an interesting trade-off.

As for the sculpt, might I suggest using Liliana Vess from the first Arena of the Planeswalkers set? I don't know that figure you're currently using, but AotP is widely available, fits in perfectly, and Liliana has a perfect Necromancer vibe going for her. I think that as more people use the figures from those sets as well, it'll become more likely for people to own her instead of this figure. Just some food for thought.

Quote:

Availability is there for this figure and makes for a good unique hero for the faction. I was thinking he looks to be more of a leader/chieftan role for the raptorians and rather than give him glide or evasive like the others, I gave him disengage for a different manueverable power. I also wanted him priced somewhere between the razorbeak and the warwitch and as a leader the ability to help his units on the battlefield. His crossbow makes for a nice special attack and is thematic.
I actually disagree with Leaf_It here. Chieftan works for me, mostly because we have seen so little of the Raptorians. Whatever you choose for the second part of the name, though, I think that the class should match it (much like the Quorik Warwitch and Quorik Razorbeak).

It feels a little weird that the "leader" of a faction would be only 75 points, though. I know you're aiming for another option priced between the Razorbeak and Warwitch, but it feels like a slight disconnect to also say that he's the captain of the faction.

I almost want to suggest letting Raptorian Resilience also add 1 to the attack of adjacent Raptorians to give them some more punch, but with Flocking, it'll be very easy to get the bonus, and that might require bumping the points up more than you're comfortable with.